Road trip ready.
From pre-journey checklists to information on how to make the most of online connectivity, here you will find useful tips for longer trips. This way, every minute in your SEAT will be even more enjoyable.
Car trouble is the last thing you want when you’re out on a road trip. To ensure everything goes to plan, it’s always a good idea to run through some basic checks before you set off:
- Top up your fuel, oil and radiator coolant
- Check your tyre pressure
- Test your windscreen wipers and fluid
- Scan your dashboard and ensure everything is displayed correctly and no warning lights are on
- Check that the spare tyre is secured and in a good condition
- Make sure your lights and indicators are working
For additional peace of mind, you may also want to visit your nearest official workshop for a quick and thorough check-up.
SEAT CONNECT has a range of benefits that will help you before, during and after your journey. You can pre-acclimatise your cabin so it’s the perfect temperature for when you step in. You’ll also be able to find convenient points of interest en route, with the ability to search for petrol stations and available parking spaces in real-time. Once you’ve explored a new town, the SEAT CONNECT app will even help guide you back to your parking space.
Planning your trip
We all know things can change quickly, so it’s important to stay up to date on the latest advice and rules regarding travel restrictions: both in your region as well as in the area you intend to travel to.
In the lead up to your trip, make sure to visit official websites for relevant updates. Also, be sure to tell a friend your plans in case the unexpected happens.
Start up your SEAT and set off right. It’s a great feeling knowing you have everything you’re going to need, here’s our list of what to take with you on your trip:
- Driver’s license
- Roadside assistance number
- First aid kit
- Adventure accessories to take your bike or surfboard along
- Phone charger/s
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Water to keep hydrated and some snacks to get you through
- Finally, don’t forget your insurance information
Would you like to know more about SEAT Insurance?
Classic car games
Why not kick start the holiday fun early on? Watch the time fly by with some classic car games. No matter how many times you’ve played, they’re timeless for a reason:
- I Spy. Spot an object in passing, give that initial clue and let the other players guess your word.
- Say a word and each player has to sing a song that includes that word.
- Guess the song. Using your car radio or Spotify, take turns skipping the station or the song and let other players guess the artist and the song title.